My AssetStore Link

I've moved - GO TO THE NEW WEBSITE

Unity Store Link - Click to see all the Song's work that has been put on Unity AssetStore




Tuesday 20 September 2011

Annoucing TDTK v1.2 (WIP and Coming Soon)

So it's official, I'm working on the next update and improvement of the TDTK. There will be one an only one addition in the next update. But boy it's a biggie and it comes with one of my favourite element of a TD game. Well I don't know if there's one official term for it but I'll call it open-field gameplay/mode.

Yes one addition in the update doesn't sound a lot but this addition will allow a whole lot more possibility compare to version1.1. Which to be honest, is a bit more technical and is much less exciting.


The open-field gameplay, simply put, the creeps don't follow a fixed path on this one and the player is allowed to build on the active walkable area. In other words, other than build the right tower at the right place the player will also need to plan and build a maze. I guess the idea is shown pretty clear in the screenie above. The player builds a formation of towers in a enclosed field. The creeps will find a way to get across the field to get to the other end. In this case, travel in the path marked by dots from green to red. The placement of tower is still bound by a grid system obviously, as in previous implementation.

Yes this will required path-finding. I have put the grid-based A* path-finding I've done into work on this one. Worry not setting the grid and path-finding to work in this one will  require very minimal effort. If anything it is easier than setting up a fixed-path for the creep using waypoints.

But it's still very early in the development process. So regrettably I don't have too many things to show at this point. But it's in the pipeline and it will be available in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment